Senior Refrigeration Engineer
Department: Engine; Description: With two ships under construction, our fleet continues to grow. If you would like to be added to our database of candidates to be contacted when positions become available, please submit your resume now. We will invite candidates to apply periodically as positions are confirmed.
Please note - we will only send invitations to apply once openings are confirmed.
Thank you for your interest in joining our team!
The REFRIGERATION ENGINEER is in charge of the operation and maintenance of the HVAC plant, the provisioning plant and related cold rooms, all refrigerated bar and galley equipment.
* Responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the engine room and galley ventilation systems, including local and centralized CO2/Halon fire extinguishing systems
* Responsible for the maintenance and periodic testing of fire dampers and Gaylord systems including periodic inspection and cleaning of the laundry exhaust duct, including record keeping of the cleaning schedule.
* Shall personally inspect the cleanliness and safety of galley, laundry, and launderette exhaust ducts, and shall ensure that all required and necessary cleaning routines and records are properly executed.
* The Refrigeration Engineer is responsible for the AMOS Planned Maintenance System for the HVAC department and shall keep a close cooperation with the Supply Officer, Staff Chief Engineer and the Chief Engineer.
* Additional responsbilities include the HVAC Stores, parts and supplies, inventory control and purchase requisitions.
* Holds appropriate licenses and certificates as required by regulations.
* EPA Universal Refrigerant Certification preferred but not required.