1. Assisting the Executive Chef in supervising the galley.
2. Ensuring galley schedules are followed.
3. Ensuring that the First Cooks understand their portion of the menu preparation, including recipes and presentation.
4. Supervising breakfast and lunch buffets set-up and ensuring that food items are replenished.
5. Supervising requisitioning of each galley station.
6. Taking an active part in the actual food preparation.
7. Taking the role as mediator in galley conflicts.
8. Supervising the efficient operation of dish and pot wash areas.
9. Ensuring cleaning of galley, preparation rooms, pantries, ice machines according to schedule.
10. Preparing daily meal count from waiter order-slips.
11. Checking set-up in officers, staff and crew messrooms.
12. Supervising crew galley.
13. Signing requisitions when Executive Chef is absent.
14. Up-keeping maintenance log (AVO-log) for the galley department.
15. Collecting temperature logs from the store room refrigerators and freezers.
16, Performing monthly inventory of equipment.
17. Assisting Executive Chef in supervision company standards.
- The candidate should have a strong work ethic!
- Ability to work long hours
- Ability to work within international environment
- Good command of English