The responsibilities of the Crew Purser are:
- Taking care of crew account related matters.
- Crew sign-on and offs and all related aspects.
- Being in charge of crew cashbooks.
- Ordering sufficient funds in a timely manner from Financial Officer.
- Arranging crew payroll and cash advances.
- Ensuring accurate financial reporting to Financial Officer.
- Printing, updating and distributing of crew manifests.
- Ensures that crew comply with immigration requirements for ports of call.
- Prepares clearance formalities for crew, according to request of Financial Officer / Guest Relation Manager.
- Communications with Ship’s Agents regarding crew clearance matters.
- Updating and maintaining crew clearance information on ports visited.
- Collect information on upcoming ports of call.
- Making crew rotation plan in conjunction with Heads of Department, Hotel Director and Crew Manager.
- Training of personnel, if requested by Hotel Manager or Head Office.
- Requesting and ensuring that maintenance in the department is carried out.
- The candidate should have a strong work ethic and great communication skills!
- Ability to work long hours
- Ability to work within international environment
- Fluency in English