Onboard Training Specialist
The Training Specialist is part of an onboard two trainer team that execute training designed by headquarters. She or he oversees ship training center. Conducts general training courses including but not limited to Hospitality, Company Orientation, Ship Familiarization, Management Training, and Customer Service Training. Responsible for all related record keeping. Coordinate and assist with company recognition programs, including Vacation Hero In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• Conduct training for all generally applicable courses. Such courses include Company Orientation, Ship Familiarization, New Supervisor/Manager Training, and Hospitality and Service.
• Conducts training sessions using a variety of training methods and styles so to maximize training effectiveness.
• Coordinates a group of departmental trainers to ensure completion of job specific Position Based Training (PBT).
• Conducts training using a variety of media (i.e.: computer, projector, actual models/objects, etc.) and programs in order to ensure optimum effect and retention.
• Utilizes Adult Learning Theory to ensure retention and transfer of learning.
• Creates a positive learning environment in and outside of the Learning Center.
• Learns and conducts training from a facilitator manual and utilizes prepared resources; understands the importance of following facilitator manual to ensure consistent training from class to class and vessel to vessel.
• Develops specialized coursework with the approval and direction of shore side Training and Development.
• Provides constructive feedback to improve performance.
• Provides follow-up information to assist coaching and support for management.
• Troubleshoots technical issues or seek technical support in order to deliver training.
• Maintains accurate training records in the company system of records, MAPS.
• Ensures people attend classes as required without repetition.
• Coordinates use of Learning Center and onboard training rooms.
• Sets optimum schedule for learners while guaranteeing limited impact on ship operations and the needs of the business.
• Resolves schedule conflicts by negotiating with management, learner and training services.
• Oversees the computer-based training library and is responsible for tracking the use and possession of those materials.
• Creates and manages an agenda and conducts meetings accordingly.
• Coordinates with ship management to facilitate Vacation Hero initiatives and recognition programs.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position
* At least 2 years of training experience, preferably in a hospitality environment.
* Platform and stand up training experience required.
* Management level experience in providing training preferred.
* Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills.
• Bachelor’s degree (US system) or equivalent in adult teaching/training/development or a related field.
• Teaching certificate or trainer certification from a reputable institution and/or ESL Certification is preferred
• Two years of training and/or teaching experience in a business setting is required. •Must have advanced verbal and written skills in standard American English. •Intermediate to advanced knowledge in MS Office suite; especially Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. .
• Exceptional verbal and written English communication skills.
• Must have fluent knowledge in MS Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must be able to adapt to confined and sometimes limited living conditions for extended periods of time. In addition must be flexible in terms of last minute changes in itineraries, activities and events.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills.
- Work within different temperature changes indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.