Chef de Cuisine
Deliver consistent and world class culinary experiences that meet and/or exceed guest expectations through a hands-on and interactive management style between crew, peers, leadership and guests. Professionally influence and inspire crew, peers, leadership team and guests by and from personal integrity, personality, experience, passion, drive and technical skills. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• Ensure that all procedures, menus and concepts are in place, adhered to and followed: as per concept guides, SOP’s and recipe manuals. Ensure high focus on performance and product consistencies.
• Monitors the performance of all staff in respective area of responsibility to ensure that duties and services are carried out in accordance with job descriptions, policies and standards!
• Assists Norwegian Cruise Line and Celebrity Chef partners’ with business and content development, menu enhancements and product reviews.
• Manage and control cost according to budget and targets: food cost, equipment, over time, disposables, chemicals and R&M.
• Daily communicate needs, challenges, opportunities and results to supervisor: staff, products, supplies, guest, financials, Public Health, technical, equipment and relationships with internal partners.
• Support Executive Chef and Provision Master with forecasting and ordering of essential food products relevant to outlets.
• Report and describe all discrepancies related to product specifications and quality.
• Develop and manage crew work schedules.
• Participate in preparation of crew performance evaluations.
• Interview and recommend candidates for all relevant restaurants. Manage rotations, selection and training of staff.
• Ensure that areas of responsibility operate within U.S.P.H standards. Participate in public health inspections.
• Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
• Intermediate to Advanced level understanding of food cost and inventory control principles is required.
• Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
• Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio Cruise, Micros) is required.
• Intermediate verbal and writing skills in at least one other language such as German, Spanish, French or Italian is preferred.
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or foreign equivalent is required; or four years related experience and/or training may substitute for this educational requirement at an equivalent rate; or equivalent combination of education and experience as described above is required.
• Successful completion of Serve Safe or U.S. Public Health Certification from industry recognized organization/institution or similar is required.
• Minimum of six years documented experiences that covers’ areas: Fish and Seafood, Saucier, Entremétier, Roast and Pastry are required.
• Minimum of six years’ culinary experience (not including apprentice or training periods): 3 years as front line a la carte cook, plus 3 years in Chef Management role (Sous Chef or similar) at busy fine dining restaurant environment(s) is required. • Minimum of six years documented operational management experience in training, supervising and evaluating employees is required.
• Advanced level of knowledge, experience and proficiency with product specification, handling and preparation of fish and shellfish is required.
• Advanced level of knowledge and experience in modern and classical cooking techniques and simultaneously be innovative, having a pulse on current culinary trends is required.
• Advanced level of knowledge, experience and proficiency with all culinary activities and sections is required.
• Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates