ASSISTANT F&B DIRECTOR
The primary responsibility is to assist managing of all shipboard food and beverage operations including all practices, procedures, training while obtaining Guest satisfaction targets. A procedural approach to manage the entire onboard food and beverage department must be employed, utilizing modern management principles as well as incorporating technological innovations where practical in order to deliver top quality guest service.
Main responsabilities include:
- leading by example utilizing a “hands-on” approach to management.
- assisting developing highly motivated, pro-active F&B Team members with highest ethical standards that deliver a cost effective and quality oriented service product.
- ensuring Management team and crew members are being treated in a fair and equitable manner.
- reporting that crew member issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- ensuring Department heads and crew members are in compliance with the grooming and uniform standards of the Company.
- controlling that Department heads are providing continuous training to their crew members.
- participating in training sessions when possible.
- ensuring cross-training between outlets is in place.
- continuing own education by staying abreast of trends and sharing this information with the team.
- monitoring the performance of all staff to ensure that their duties are carried out in accordance with Company policy, and safety and environmental regulations and report inefficiencies to the F&B Director.
- monitoring management team performance. Identify strengths and weaknesses and provide timely feedback to the individuals. Make recommendations to the F&B Director regarding succession planning.
- identifying strengths and weaknesses and provide timely feedback to the individual. Make recommendations to the Corporate Office regarding succession planning.
- controlling and report that performance evaluations of all F&B personnel are carried out as per Company policy in a fair and equitable manner, based on actual performance and results achieved.
- communicating staffing needs to the F&B Director and appropriate corporate counterpart as needed.
- ensuring crew messes are neat and clean and quality products are offered as per standard menu cycle.
- monitoring crew turnover and implement plans to control attrition.
- controlling that all F&B management understands company and department goals and the action plans that will be followed to achieve these goals.
- controlling that the management team is communicating the goals of the company and department to the crew members.
- developing a positive working relationship with all shipboard departments to facilitate a team oriented atmosphere.
- reporting that all departments within F&B are working together as a team and supporting each other in a professional manner.
- completing daily walk-through, by meal period.
- assisting that all F&B areas are maintained in accordance with Company policy, USPH and safety and environmental regulations.
- controlling that cleaning schedules are in place and being followed for all F&B areas.
- monitoring that service schedules for equipment are in place and being followed.
- monitoring that department heads are submitting work orders for repairs to outlets and/or equipment and follow up on these requests to ensure timely completion.
- assisting on daily USPH inspections of all F&B areas.
- BA/BS 3-4 year degree or foreign equivalency
- Minimum of 3 years experience as an Assist. Food & Beverage Director in a large cruise ship or multi-venue, high volume, hotel, casino or resort.
- Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver, Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven.
- Experience in banquet operations.
- Experience implementing F&B concepts.
- Track record developing profitable F&B promotions.
- Good computer skills, to include spreadsheets, power point, word processing, and e-mail.
- Working knowledge of point of sales systems, inventory management systems, and computerized reservation systems.
- Basic knowledge of USPH/FDA regulations.
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene.
- Respect for all co-workers and guests.
- Pride in work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun.
- Able to develop camaraderie with team members.