The 1st Officer is a Licensed Bridge watch keeper (Officer On Watch or OOW) who when on duty represents the Master for all navigational and watch keeping issues.
- Reporting to Master and Staff Captain;
- Keeping watch on the Bridge for the safe conduction of ship operations;
- Attending arrival and departure maneuvering;
- Ensuring that all navigational equipments are in proper working condition;
- Being responsible for the voyage planning and nautical charts;
- Updating Official Log Books and Registers;
- Cooperating with the Staff Captain for technical inspection;
- Participating in safety drills and assisting the Safety Officer in Crew training, maintenance and check of safety equipment;
- Attending tender service when required by the itinerary;
- Mentoring and developing the education of Junior Officers and Ratings.
- Diploma from an accredited maritime training school or facility;
- Certificate of Competency IMO II/2 plus all required STCW certificates;
- At least 12 months experience as 1st OOW;
- Experience as OOW on Cruise Vessels is an advantage;
- Good written, spoken and technical English;
- Computer literacy;
- Being committed to Safety;
- Respecting and applying Company Values being an example for others.