1ST ENGINEER (ENGINES)
The 1st Engineer Engines is a Licensed experienced Engineer who controls the performance and the maintenance on main, auxiliary engines and relative plants.
- Reporting to Chief Engineer and to Staff Engineer;
- Operating and maintaining Diesel Propulsion Engine, Auxiliary Diesel Engines and related auxiliary equipments;
- Attending arrival / departure maneuvering;
- Ensuring that all technical equipments under his / her responsibility are in proper working condition;
- Updating Official Log Books and Registers;
- Managing the requisition chain and verifying inventory and quantity in stock;
- Mentoring and developing the education of Junior Engineers and Ratings with particular focus on Motorman Daily;
- Supporting Staff Engineer and Engine operation Team according to Engine Resource Management.
- Diploma from an accredited maritime training school or facility;
- Certificate of Competency IMO III/2 plus all required STCW certificates;
- At least 12 months experience as 1st EOOW;
- Experience as EOOW on Cruise Vessels is an advantage;
- Good written, spoken and technical English;
- Computer literacy;
- Being committed to Safety;
- Respecting and applying Company Values being an example for Others.