The Chief Engineer has overall responsibility for the functioning of the Engine Department, its associated plans, equipment and personnel in a safe, economic, and efficient manner.
- Reporting to Master and Technical Operation ashore;
- Overall responsibility for preventive and corrective maintenance for ship's entire technical facilities;
- Over sighting of the activities and the utilization of assigned personnel;
- Making recommendations ( SOP Standing Orders ) regarding the improvement of ship's facilities;
- Representing the Company in technical matters with surveyors, government officials, PSC , authorities , auditors, ect.;
- Ensuring all Technical Personnel are well trained in the operations of the vessel’s main and auxiliary machinery and that safety is emphasized along with environmental compliance with all laws , Company and Corporate Standards regulations;
- Assuming responsibility for all engine department records, drawings and manufacturer’s technical instruction manuals and ensuring they are up-to-date;
- Ensuring a lock-out and tag-out procedures must be used whenever work involving electrical panels, breaker cabinets or other machinery (e.g., pumps, motors, etc.) requires the securing of electrical power, or other potentially hazardous energy sources (e.g., steam, air, oil, water, etc.);
- Commitment to energy and fuel saving;
- Ensuring the technical staff is familiar with the Damage Control Plan, and all safety procedures and equipment. Ensure all engineering staff is familiar with the SOPEP;
- Ensuring maintenance logs and history are properly documented in the PMS system is used in a timely, consistent and efficient manner;
- Supporting the Engine operation team.
- Diploma from an accredited maritime training school or facility;
- Certificate of Competency IMO III/2 or higher (Unlimited Chief Engineer License) plus all required STCW certificates;
- At least 2-3 contract experience as Chief Engineer on Cruise Vessels;
- Excellent written, spoken and technical English;
- Computer literacy;
- Being committed to Safety;
- Respecting and applying Company Values being an example for Others.