The ship's Nurse is an experienced Registered Nurse responsible to provide appropriate day-to-day health care to Passengers and Crew Members.
- Reporting to Doctor;
- Assisting during medical treatments in the Infirmary;
- Being on call 24 hours a day;
- Updating the Official Log Books;
- Verifying pre sign/on medical forms for all embarking Crew Members;
- Performing administrative duties and inventory control of supplies and medicines; Checking maintenance and stock of medical emergency equipments.
- Degree in nursing from an accredited University (3 years study);
- Certification as Registered Nurse in Italian register roll (IPASVI);
- Compulsory certification (issued by a ILCOR approved provider):
* BLS – D (Basic Life Support – Defibrillation);
* PBLS (Pediatric Basic Life Support);
Preferable certification (issued by a ILCOR approved provider):
* ALS (Advanced Life Support) or ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) or equivalent;
* PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) or APLS (Advanced Pediatric Life Support);
* = These courses will be paid by the cruise line.
- Experience with Emergency Room;
- Experience with cardiac care, trauma, internal medicine is an advantage;
- Experience as Nurse on Cruise Vessels is an advantage;
- Good written, spoken and medical English;
- Knowledge of additional languages is an advantage;
- Computer literacy;
- Being committed to Safety;
- Respecting and applying Company Values being an example for others.