The 2nd Engineer is a Licensed Engine watch keeper (Engineer On Watch or EOOW) who when on duty represents the Chief Engineer for all technical and watch keeping issues.
- Reporting to Chief Engineer and to Staff Engineer;
- Keeping watch on the Engine Room for the safe conduction of ship operations;
- Attending arrival and departure maneuvering;
- Ensuring that all technical equipments are in proper working condition;
- Updating Official Log Books and Registers;
- Verifying, updating and planning the maintenance of machineries and plants ;
- Supporting the maintenance and the repairing of the main and auxiliary engines and their belonging systems and equipment;
- Managing the requisition chain and verifying inventory and quantity in stock ;
- Mentoring and developing the education of Junior Engineers and Ratings.
- Diploma from an accredited maritime training school or facility;
- Certificate of Competency IMO III/2 plus all required STCW 95 certificates;
- At least 12 months experience as EOOW holding IMO III/2;
- Experience as EOOW on Cruise Vessels is an advantage;
- Good written, spoken and technical English;
- Computer literacy;
- Being committed to Safety;
- Respecting and applying Company Values being an example for others.