CORPORATE TRAVELLING CHIEF BAKER
Manages all shipboard bakery operations to ensure all bakery line standards, including the pizzeria and the pizza product, are achieved and maintained within set budgets. The Corporate Travelling Chief Baker travels throughout the fleet to ensure the bakery food preparation standards, in cooperation with the onboard Executive Chef, are performed in accordance with cruise line culinary manuals and recipes, HACCP and USPH guidelines, environmental and Workplace Safety policies and procedures, as required by food preparation manuals onboard the vessels and / or other business units as deemed necessary by the Company. S/he also provides general assistance to Corporate and Shipboard F&B Operations.
- Engineering, presenting, demonstrating and monitoring quality assurance and product consistency of all bakery lines throughout all vessels. Distributing specifications throughout the fleet to ensure consistency. Coordinating with the shore side team to develop and schedule implementation of outlets, concepts, new dishes and menus.
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of the bakery, pastry and pizzeria staff/operation and other related food production staff to ensure that their duties and services are carried out in accordance with the regulations and current instructions provided by the Company.
- Preparing, reading, understanding and answering a variety of business reports.
- Conducting inspection in all aspects of bakery preparation and related food storage areas on vessels for assessing compliance to established corporate standards, in accordance with Inventory policies
- Ensuring that all food items are being properly handled according to our HACCP Plan and U.S. Public Health Service policy.
- Assisting in the sourcing, hiring, interviewing and placement of bakery, pastry and pizzeria culinary crew positions. May act as a culinary consultant / liaison to Human Resources regarding hiring and sourcing of culinary talent.
- Training all bakery operation staff in how to follow standardized recipes, food grids and other SOP's pertaining to the bakery area. Teaching basic preparation techniques in small incremental steps that is rigorously taught, evaluated and monitored on board. Supporting bakery culinary training initiatives, monitor succession planning. Inspecting bakery station for pre-meal readiness and reviews performance to determine what additional training is necessary in order for the employees to fulfill their minimum job responsibilities.
- Degree in Culinary pastry / bakery arts from a recognized institution;
- Minimum 8-years of experience in various positions throughout the baker industry;
- Excellent English;
- Strong knowledge of all bakery techniques, bakery food items, bakery food preparation, presentation and preservation and bakery equipment.;
- Knowledge of quality control standards and practices;
- IT literate with good knowledge of Excel
- Excellent communication, organization, problem solving and leadership skills;
- Preferably, must have successfully completed U.S.P.H.S. course on vessel sanitation.
Apply today by sending your CV to us.
Education: High School or equivalent
Career Level: Manager