Associate Hotel Director
- Supports the Hotel Director in the overall hotel operation, with emphasis placed on the Revenue Departments and the Front-of-House areas (as directed by the Hotel Director). He/she also deputizes the Hotel Director’s duties in their absence.
- Like the Hotel Director, he/she is to take all necessary action to implement and enforce that company policies and procedures are applied and adhered to, and that the proper level of service to guests is maintained.
- The Associate Hotel Director assumes 2 positions, 50% of the contract will act as Food and Beverage Director and other 50% will be Associate/Assistant Hotel Director.
- In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Must be able to lead by example and provide quality management skills for a large passenger vessel that can include from 2,000 to 4,000 guests and crew, 1,000 to 1,800+ passenger and crew accommodations, plus up to 15 decks of public rooms and common areas.
- Must be able to perform in a proficient manner the forecasting and controlling of various hotel budgets that can exceed a million dollars that include inventory, supplies, maintenance and repairs.
- Must be knowledgeable in the purchasing, receiving and recording of all hotel supplies and equipment ordered while maintaining each area within the budgeted guidelines set forth by Hotel Operations.
- Must be able to efficiently organize and supervise all areas of responsibility outlined in the Essential Functions.
- Must appropriately monitor the scheduling of his/her respective departments so that all areas are properly staffed at all times while constantly monitoring the staffing needs and budgetary guidelines.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Accountable for the supervision and training of all hotel department heads and supervisors, including concessionaires while improving weak areas in their performance.
- Ensures maximum efficiency in the performance of subordinate department heads and supervisors by suggesting and developing own training methods to improve their efficiency, productivity and performance.
- Evaluates the performance of department heads and supervisors periodically and recommends appropriate action such as promotions, disciplinary actions or commendations.
- Presents a personable, courteous and approachable manner at all times.
Initiates and maintains effective employee relations at all times.
- If deemed necessary by ship senior management or Hotel Operations the duties of the Asst. Hotel Director can extend into various F&B areas.
- The incumbent must be able to work in a multi-cultural environment; also, must be able to adjust to changes in schedules, assignments and deadlines.
- Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
Intermediate to Advanced skills in typing and computer software skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Fidelio Cruise, Micros) is required.
- Six months experience in budgeting, financial forecasting, or reporting is required.
- Minimum two years management experience in Hotel, Food and Beverage positions in hospitality and catering establishments is required; OR minimum two years management experience in related hotel positions on board ships is required.
= Bachelors degree or foreign equivalency in Hotel and Restaurant Management from a recognized hotel/culinary institution is required.
- Managerial, organizational and leadership skills.
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates