On Board Human Resource Manager
The On Board HR Manager always:
- Represents employee needs and implements management agendas to ensure the concerns and needs of employees are being voiced to shipboard and shoreside management at all times.
- Consistently identifies high-risk situations and immediately escalates to the relevant parties.
- Effectively consults with employees at all levels through listening objectively and then providing solutions that support positive business results.
- Works collaboratively with all levels of management to consistently improve business results and meet business objectives.
- Promptly and accurately provides guidance to Managers / HODs in conjunction with Human Resources-related matters, policies, and procedures.
- Effectively implements all new HR policies and company initiatives.
- Introduces crew awareness communication.
- Efficiently and confidentially manages harassment and discrimination allegations and conducts prompt and thorough investigations as appropriate.
- Efficiently organizes and administers the Shipboard Orientation process by always facilitating the welcoming of crew, ensuring that all new hires attend Tier 1 Orientation, and accurately tracking and scheduling crew participation for Tier 2 Orientation.
- Attends all Master's Hearings as an independent and objective advisor.
- Ensures that all appropriate documentation is promptly completed for Master’s Hearings, disciplinary actions, demotions, and company-will disembarkations.
- Continually analyzes exit interview and newhire assessment data, monitors crew satisfaction, and identifies issues or concerns that may affect crew morale; reports to Captain as appropriate.
- Effectively chairs the shipboard Crew Club Committee, and promptly presents all crew welfare issues and funding proposals to program steering committee (Executive Committee).
- Effectively manages the Crew Welfare Coordinator function, maximizing this resource to ensure there is a balanced offering of social, recreational and educational programs.
- At all times, acts as designated shipboard Crew CARE Officer.
- Effectively manages the Service Loyalty Program
- Promptly provides consultation and coaching to shipboard management for all departmental and individual performance issues, including providing clear and concise guidance with development, delivery, and follow-up of Performance Improvement Plans and appraisal evaluations.
- Effectively oversees the administration of the entire shipboard performance appraisal process, providing support for end users, coaching and training Supervisors and above on how to maximize use of the system.
- Effectively and efficiently manages the Internal Transfer Program by providing career counseling to crew members and continually coaching onboard management in conducting interviews.
- Coordinates all shipboard interviews for the Internal Transfer Program and promptly communicates results to all relevant applicants.
- Knows team’s role descriptions, delivers them to all team members (new joiners, returning crew, and promoted crew), and communicates clear expectations based on each role description.
- Promptly completes performance appraisals that are fair, objective, and accurate measurements based on observed behavior.
- Observes each crewmember’s performance using his or her role description as a guide and delivers prompt and appropriate correction, improvement, or reinforcement. Coaches and develops skilled, engaged team members to become the Consummate Host.
- Identifies top performers and mentors them for career advancement or promotion.
- Effectively manages the day-to-day performance of all Fleet Trainers when onboard.
- Extensive previous experience in this role
- Excellent managerial skills
- Fluent command of the English language
- Ability to obtain C1/D visa (if needed)