Shore Excursion Manager (On board)
- Meets or exceeds the revenue budget each voyage without interfering with passengers' enjoyment of the cruise experience.
- Enthusiastically engages in regular promotional activities including port talks, presentations, and the Cruise Director Wake Show.
- Ensures onboard tour order forms, fliers, PowerPoint presentations, and any other sales collateral successfully promote all programs and adhere to all brand marketing guidelines.
- Ensures all Shore Excursion staff maintains thorough and up-to-date knowledge of all tour programs; provides training on sales techniques and all policies.
- Collaborates creatively and effectively with other revenue departments to promote shore excursions.
- Schedules regular Tour Office hours and documented booking closing times per Hotel Policies & Procedures.
- Ensures tours are dispatched efficiently from meeting locations; carefully monitors status of tours returning to the ship and immediately notifies the Bridge, Customer Services Director, and Food & Beverage department of any problems or delays.
- Ensures that tour operators are timely notified of tour counts and all other pertinent information.
- Provides a positive first impression to every passenger through a warm, welcoming individual greeting; always maintains a spotless and professional appearance.
- Always delivers customer service that meets or exceeds Hotel Policies & Procedures standards for every passenger interaction.
- Ensures all passenger comments or complaints are solicited, listened to, and understood with empathy, showing genuine interest at all times. Ensures responses are appropriate and meets with passengers on a one-to-one basis as required.
- Ensures all passenger complaints are documented per Hotel Policies & Procedures, escalating issues to the Customer Services Director and other relevant parties as appropriate without delay.
- Calmly and respectfully communicates with tour operators to resolve all tour quality issues.
- Swiftly and satisfactorily resolves all customer relations issues resulting from passengers’ tour experiences.
- Meets or exceeds customer service budgets each voyage without interfering with passengers' enjoyment of the cruise experience.
- Routinely travels with tour operators to inspect and evaluate current products and develop new product ideas.
- Preferred experience in the cruise industry, preferably on ships with worldwide destinations.
- Preferred experience with public speaking and ability to create presentations.
- Extensive and proven knowledge of customer service standards.
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals.
- Excellent background knowledge of the history and importance of areas visited.
- Proven organizational, logistical and communication skills
- Strong public speaking skills and ability to create both live and videotaped presentations.
- Ability to create informative talks using Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Ability to provide leadership and motivation to employees in pursuit of company goals.
- Experience in operations with a land-based resort or tour company beneficial. If experience is in excess of one year, consideration may be given in lieu of 8 or more months experience at sea.
- Prefer well traveled individuals with knowledge of popular tourist sites in one or more regions.
- Ability to work under pressure and anticipate and adapt to changes in plans, maintaining a positive attitude at all times.
- Excellent computer and English language skills.
- Must be capable of obtaining a C1/D visa