Executive Sous Chef
Department: Culinary; Description: The Executive Sous Chef's primary responsibility is the management of an assigned galley onboard the ship, to ensure that the line's high standards are achieved and maintained within budgetary limitations. Is seen as an inspirational role model by his/her employees. Is a top professional in the field with a passion for the Culinary arts.
This includes all practices, procedures, training and guest satisfaction levels. A procedural approach to managing the entire onboard galley department must be employed, utilizing modern management principles as well as incorporating technological innovations where practical in order to deliver top quality guest service.
Executive Sous Chef is instrumental in organizing an efficient flow of production. Checks all daily events, delegate and follow up.
- Constantly strive to upgrade the food quality and presentation and establish the necessary controls to assure a high level of quality and consistency.
- Assure proper cleanliness and sanitation of galley and food storage areas and equipment in all such area, according to the standards established by land and sea authorities .
- US PH rules have to be fully understood and training and verified on twice a week.
- Check food handling and storage procedure wherever good is handled.
- Responsible for ensuring that assigned galley operates within the established budgetary guidelines for the vessel.
- Plan orders for the vessel based off of the budgetary guidelines.
- Review all food and beverage related costs and consumptions in accordance with financial targets.
- Ensure that all food expenses are properly recorded against the appropriate budget, and the variations from the budgeted amounts are properly documented.
- Submit budget requests to the Executive Chef in a timely manner.
• Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
Other position responsibilities are to be announced upon hire.
- Excellent cooking skills
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Experienced in training subordinates in large quantity food preparation and excellent knowledge of quality food operation.
- Excellent artistic & creative skills to enhance buffet presentations.
- Has the ability to taste all foods to assure correct preparation.
- Product cost and quality conscious.<br />
- Able to train subordinates in all USPH matters and quality food production.
- Culinary school 2~4 year degree or foreign equivalency
- Minimum of three years experience as an Executive Chef in a medium size (250+ rooms) or five years experience as Executive Sous Chef in a large size (600+ rooms) cruise ship or multi-venue, high volume, luxury hotel or resort.