Chef De Partie
Rotation: 6 months on / 2 months off.
Salary: approximately USD 2,500 per month and up
Full room and board, flights paid by the company
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directs, supervises and assists in the activities of subordinates engaged in the preparation of the established quality of food for service to passengers and crew in the partie assigned.
- Directly responsible for implementing and executing food handling and cleaning procedures in accordance with USPH standards in the assigned partie.
- Responsible for quality, quantity, attractiveness and correctness of all food items served from the partie as per company's standard recipes.
- Prepare the weekly schedule for the Galley Staff, designating special duties, cleaning duties and time off.
- Is accountable for the achievement of company budgets regarding food cost and inventory levels. Must investigate any discrepancies immediately.
- Ensures that personal appearance, uniform, and personal hygiene are in accordance with the company’s regulations.
- Spot checks food requisitions for the different cooking stations and ensures that it has been revised and signed by the Executive Chef.
- Communicates daily with the respective Assistant F&B Managers, and Restaurant Manager, in order to verify passenger’s food acceptance and special requests. -
- Communicates any shortages or last minute changes.
- Set ups and maintains a training program for all galley staff with emphasis in their specific job and United States Public Health rules and regulations.
- Conducts a daily tour of the provision area ensuring that correct storing procedures are met and that there are no signs of spoilage.
- Must have excellent knowledge of USPH rules and regulations.
- Performs any other duties assigned by the Head of Department.
- Candidates must be older than 21 years
- Able to speak fluent English
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in 5 star hotels/restaurants
- Diploma or Degree in Hotel Management or Culinary Arts