Associate Hotel Director (Executive Assistant Manager)
The Associate Hotel Director works in partnership with the Hotel Director to oversee the day to day operations of all hotel related areas of the ship. The Associate Hotel Director assists the Hotel Director in the strategic planning, financial forecasting, crew satisfaction deliverables and overall guest satisfaction focus. This inspirational leader is responsible for driving, communicating and supporting all departmental processes within Hotel Operations and is also accountable for positively influencing the Operations through a ‘Global’ leadership approach.
• Recognizes the importance of driving results through segmentation and understands how to identify opportunity by guest value. Own the total guest experience
• Achieves the highest levels of guest satisfaction under all circumstances, through effective communication, follow through and leveraging the team’s ability to resolve issues with one touch
• Actively displays a business ownership mentality when developing tactical plans to achieve financial targets and promotes a ‘Common Cents’ approach in all fiscal management
• Works from an entrepreneurial perspective to develop and implement new ideas for revenue and to improve operational efficiencies
• Creates a climate of trust and mutual respect and promotes a culture of innovation by encouraging new ideas and challenging the status quo.
• Consistently evaluates the team against the brand’s Modern Luxury concept and Company’s standards.
• Motivates the teams to perform effectively by communicating company’s vision, strategy, and business goals. Ambassador for the Corporate Office and driver for the Brand.
• Minimum five years’ experience as a senior leader with a premium hotel or cruise brand
• Exceptional communication, proven track record in driving high performance and achieving sustainable results
• A nimble thinker with the ability to switch gears as the business needs dictate. A strong generalist that has the creative know-how to take their team in any required direction as fits with the brand vision and goals
• Ability to spearhead teams in a positive and productive manner by inspiring and developing individuals and effectively managing processes. Knows when to coach, lead, inspire and mentor
• Knowledge of the principles and processes involved in business and organizational planning, coordination and execution. This includes strategic planning, resource allocation, work force planning and management, leadership techniques and production methods.
• Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field preferred
• Knows and enforce HACCP procedures for sanitation and cleanliness in all areas
• Ability to speak, read and write English clearly and distinctly with guests and employees
• All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
• Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.
• Ability to speak, read and write multiple languages is a plus
• Cruise ship experience and USPH knowledge