Department: Cruise Programs; Description: The Broadcast Technician is responsible for total operation of the Broadcast Center including recording of various event around the ship. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• All equipment used by the Broadcast Technician and the TV programming equipment kept in the Broadcast Center, are the responsibility of the Broadcast Technician.
• Working closely with the Cruise Director the Broadcast Technician should record all events that have guest participation as scheduled In the Freestyle daily.
• Working with the Shore Excursion Department to gather video footage that will be edited into the department’s respective talks.
• Work together with the Communications officer to ensure the satellite is obtaining the correct feed, is on the correct coordinates and the signal is stable.
• When required for certain shows a large screen may be used, the Broadcast Technician is to set up the necessary equipment to broadcast the entertainment on the large screen for better viewing by the guests at least 30 minutes prior to doors opening.
• Any malfunction of equipment in the broadcast centre should be reported immediately to the Electronics Engineer Junior / Entertainment. Chief Electrical Engineer, Communications Office and the Broadcast training specialist in Miami should also be notified.
• The Broadcast Technician will be provided a weekly schedule by the Crew Activities coordinator for crew channels, these movies MUST only be shown on crew channels
• The Broadcast Technician should attend weekly meeting as scheduled by the Technical Supervisor.
• On a monthly basis the Broadcast technician must supply an up to date complete inventory of equipment to the Technical Supervisor for filling and sent to the Broadcast Training Specialist in Miami.
• On completion of contract Broadcast technician must provide detailed and accurate hand over notes to the incoming Broadcast Technician, Technical Supervisor, Cruise Director and Broadcast Training Specialist in Miami.
• All Shore Excursion video productions will only show upcoming events. All footage will be edited so that they are up to date with the location of the cruise itinerary.
• If a port is missed, the Broadcast Technician must adjust the Shore Excursion and Port & Shopping video productions so that we are not showing the missed ports of call.
• All video productions that are produced by the Broadcast Technician during their contract are the property of Norwegian Cruise Line and must not to be reproduced in any way unless the Shore side management grants permission, this permission must be in writing.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position and carry out safety duties as designated by ships safety officer.
• A working Knowledge of broadcast systems
• Must be able to adapt to confined and sometimes limited living conditions for extended periods of time. In addition must be flexible in terms of last minute changes in itineraries, activities and events.
• Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Final Cut Studio, Editing & Digital Video Format Camera use.
• Must have operational use and knowledge of lighting kits and three point lighting systems
• Minimum of two years experience in TV, broadcasting industry or equivalent in the Cruise industry.
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Must have a working knowledge of safe stage rigging practices
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
• Able to work 7 days a week
• Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
• Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates