Career snapshot: As, Cellar Master Manager, you will be responsible for our extensive, Wine collection while overseeing its multicultural world-class team. You will be responsible for assisting the Bar Manager in the Operation of our state of the art ships (all bars/lounges, restaurants, venues, and crew dining areas). In addition, you will have the opportunity to travel the world while working for a top global employer of choice.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates (in conjunction with the Bar Manager) the performance of all direct reports.
• Maintains the integrity of the wine stand inventory including the Main Restaurant and Specialty Restaurants.
• Issues requisitions in order to maintain the inventory at established par levels. The requisitions should be co-signed by the Bar Manager.
• The Cellar Master is also responsible for the cash value of the wine stock.
• Reconciles the sales of all Sommeliers in order to inventory consumption.
•Prepares, the daily deposit, charges and staff sales on a daily basis.
• Financial responsibilities for budget, expenses and/or achievement of revenue targets.
• This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment.
• Successfully completed the Introductory Sommelier Course of the Court of Master Sommeliers American or UK Charter, United States Sommelier Association or worldwide recognized wine institution.
• Minimum of five years beverage-related experience (shipboard experience preferred), or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Ability to analyze and interpret documents such as recipes and manuals.
• Ability to speak, read and write English clearly and distinctly
• Completion of high school or basic education equivalency required.
• Must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving drills, safety activities and training