Onboard Cruise Sales Associate
We are currently searching for Cruise Sales Associates to join our team. This unique position handles the marketing and sale of future cruises to our guests. Potential candidates must have at least One year experience in guest relations experience, preferably in an upscale hotel or cruise ship (shipboard experience preferred).
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Presents guests with brochures and flyers containing travel information such as features and benefits of both brands, points of interest, and special events occurring in various locations.
• Promotes brands, itineraries, vessels, cabin categories, travel dates, etc. to achieve monthly revenue targets.
• Responsible for the cost entry of air travel, cabin fare, pre or post cruise packages, insurance and all taxes and fees in US Dollars and many other foreign currencies.
• Initiates all qualified bookings via Celebrity Cruises' computer system with direct link to headquarters reservations system in Miami. Coordinates new booking with the travel agent of the original booking.
• Develops a plan for promoting specific cruise advertisements in various media and retail outlets that may be available throughout the vessel.
• In conjunction with the Captain's Club Host assists with the needs of Captain's Club, Celebrity's Loyalty Program
• Establishes ongoing relationships with our guests, maximizing overall satisfaction, advocacy, profitability, and re-cruise rate.
• Continuously strives to exceed hospitality industry standards and ensure Total Guest Satisfaction to drive program ratings.
• In addition to English, able to speak 2 of the following languages; Spanish, French, German, Italian (preferred)
• Sales background required.
• Strong communication, problem solving, decision making, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent customer Service and guest resolution skills.
• Strong working knowledge of computers, Internet access, Ipads, and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, AS400, or related programs.