As, Disc Jockey, you will be responsible for operating music, video and lighting equipment to produce a mixture of dance music such as, but not limited to, Top 40, disco, new wave, dance-oriented rock, Latin, R&B, reggae and classic rock. You will be working with a world-class staff.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Maintains up-to-date musical inventory with the support of shore-side management.
• Assures that equipment is maintained in safe and clean working environment. He or she shall alert the Activity Manager of any necessary repairs so that an AVO may be placed for repair.
• Records two evenings’ sessions per voyage on the hard drive and submit this shore-side via disc.
• Continually interacts with guests; coordinates, hosts, and participates in other adult recreational activities related to his or her position.
• Socializes with guests at all times when in the public areas. Visits lounges at various times and converses with as many guests as possible as time allows.
• Assists in the coordination and operation of audio and/or visual equipment for events as needed in support of the Sound & Light Staff as determined by the Cruise Director.
• This position is responsible for cost containment through the proper use, handling and maintenance of records, reports, supplies and equipment.
• Professional disc jockey experience with the ability to operate a variety of music playing equipment and lighting equipment. Experience in an upscale hotel, resort, cruise line or entertainment/recreational industry (shipboard experience preferred).
• Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
• Ability to beat mix and maintain a seamless set consisting of a wide variety of music.
• Experience with microphone technique in front of large groups preferred.
• Maintains his/her own stock of music on CD format to compliment the onboard collection of music.
• Extensive knowledge of a variety of dance music such as, but not limited to, past and present pop music, dance, Latin, 70s disco, reggae, R&B, hip hop, country and classic rock.