Department: Food & Beverage Operations; POSITION SUMMARY - Responsible for the operation and supervision of all public bars, lounges, crew bar and beverage service in the restaurants and decks; In charge of the direction, supervision, performance, training and evaluation of all positions within the beverage department; In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Minimum of three years experience as a Beverage Manager or Assistant Beverage Manager in a large cruise ship or a combination of ship and large hotel experience in these positions.
Managerial experience in handling multiple bars and lounges with different themes and menus.
Proven ability to manage and direct a large multinational and/or multicultural beverage team.
Proven track record in meeting and exceeding revenue targets, industry service standards and guest satisfaction results.
Extensive knowledge of beverage and wine products is required.
Computer literacy and knowledge of Word Perfect and Excel.
Experience with Micros point of sales equipment is preferred.
• Secondary Education degree or equivalent is mandatory; Hotel School or University degree is preferable.
• Courses in safety, environmental, public health and sanitation regulations and procedures are required.
• Proof of continuing education translated in certificates or letters of participation in professional beverage courses and seminars is required.
• Responsible for ensuring that the beverage sales forecasted for bars, lounges and restaurants on the ship are met and exceeded.
• Responsible for achieving the guest satisfaction targets established for the ship in bar service and product quality.
• Strives to meet the target cost of sales for the operation as determined by the company budgets.
• Ensures that all company beverage service standards and sequences of service are being followed and adhered to by the staff.
• Ensures that the department is in compliance with all company policies, rules and regulations.
• Resolves in a satisfactory and proactive manner all service and product deficiencies and follows up on guest comments and/or concerns.
• Ensures that the staff and the operation follow and are compliant with all Public Health rules and regulations.
• Maintains and safeguards records, reports and other documents pertinent to the staff and the operation as dictated by policy and as direct by the Company.
• Plans and manages the continuous training of all the managers and staff involved in beverage sales using only company approved training materials and prepares a monthly training schedule.
• Issues and follows up on maintenance requests and ensures that all equipment and furniture is in proper condition and meets the safety standards.
• Controls and documents breakages, abuse of equipment and negligent behavior when it comes to the improper use of Company property and assets.
• Manages and achieves the budgets that are determined for the bar organization when it comes to all departmental expenses, salaries and manning.