• Responsible for providing beverage service in accordance with the Company standards while also incorporating excellent sales techniques to generate revenue for the Bar Department. Responsible for the immediate supervision of the Bar Waiters and other personnel assigned to their particular bar area.
• Maintains inventory levels, cleanliness and organization for assigned bar.
• Must be able to work in a public bar and lounge, service bar and crew bar. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest level of products and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned. Team Responsibility
• Is always in compliance with the Company’s uniform and grooming standards.
• Maintains good working relationships with fellow crew members.
• Responsible for assisting with achieving the departmental guest satisfaction targets for the bar department. These targets include Bar and Lounge Service and Bar and Lounge Drink Quality.
• Responsible for assisting with achieving the departmental revenue targets for the Bar Department as established by the Corporate Office.
• Responsible for assisting with achieving the department cost of sales targets for the Bar Department as established by the Corporate Office.
• Maintains open lines of communication with Bar Management. Informs Bar Manager, Assistant Bar Manager and/or Head Bartender of any problems, challenges, complaints or service difficulties in a timely manner.
• Assists Bar Management with training as needed.
• Continue own education by staying abreast of industry trends and sharing this information with the team.
• Must be willing and able to assist with other job functions as required when dictated by business:
o Beverage and wine service in the Restaurants
o Meet and greet guests on embarkation day
o Escort guests to their stateroom on embarkation day
o Assist with guest personal belongings or luggage on embarkation/debarkation day
o Deliver amenities to staterooms on embarkation day
o Swiping guest cards on embarkation/debarkation day
o Attend and participate in safety/Company training as scheduled.
o Assist with private parties and functions Operational Responsibility
• Ensures that the hours of operation for assigned bar area are respected and followed.
• Prepares and sets up work area in accordance with Company standard and business levels.
• Ensures that back bar set up and beverage displays in assigned area are according to Company guidelines.
• Ensures that the Company policy regarding drink age is always followed.
• Follows and ensures that the Company beverage standards of service are adhered to and practiced by all of those working in the assigned bar area.
• Responsible for preparing drinks according to the standard recipes.
o All drinks are to be prepared in accordance with the Company’s standard pours policy.
o All drinks are to be served in the appropriate glassware with the correct garnish.
• Ensures that beverage promotions, as determined by the Company, are in place and adhered to in assigned bar area.
• Ensures that all food service being provided in the bar area is done according to Company standards.
• Ensures that work area is kept neat, clean and organized at all times and all pertinent USPH regulations, SEMS regulations, CPH regulations and UPKH regulations are upheld in assigned bar area. o Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position. o Responsible for the proper use and maintenance of all equipment in assigned bar area.
• Unpack boxes and stock bar area as needed.
• Ensures that all products are served and stored at the appropriate temperatures.
• Responsible for properly accounting for food and/or beverage sales in the POS terminal.
• Responsible for the correct and proper handling of all checks and sales transactions generated in the assigned bar area.
• Ensures that all liquor control procedures for the department are adhered to in assigned bar area.
• Maintains and updates sales records and reports as required by Company policy.
• Provide all reports in a timely fashion to Bar Management and the Inventory Accountant.
• Ensures that all beverage stocks in assigned bar area are accounted for following Company policies and guidelines.
• Responsible for requisitioning all food, beverage, and consumable items for assigned bar area.
• Follows key control procedure and ensures that assigned bar area is locked and secured during non-operating hours.
• Conducts inventory at the end of each voyage for assigned bar area. Responsible for overages and shortages of product.
- Experience with high-volume bar operations Experience with maintaining bar inventories
- Working knowledge of point of sales systems
- Good knowledge of USPH/FDA regulations
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent suggestive selling techniques
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to work in a work environment that is constantly changing
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent listening skills
- Able to follow Company policies and procedures
Special Job Requirements:
- Able to work odd hours and on weekends and holidays
- Able to work a minimum of 60 hours per week
- Able to work 7 days a week for a minimum period of 16 consecutive weeks
- Able to live in close quarters and share limited space with other cabin-mates
- Able to work under pressure and handle stress
• High school diploma or equivalent degree and completion of accredited Bartender Certification Program
• Courses and/or training in safety, environmental, public health and sanitation regulations and procedures are required
• Minimum one year experience as a Bartender for a large cruise ship or high-volume luxury hotel or resort.
• Proactive, Team Player, Problem Solver
• Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
• Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
• Respect for all co-workers and guests
• Pride in your work
• Polite and courteous
• Able to develop a camaraderie with team members