As the International Host or Hostess, you will provide personalized customer service, language assistance and translation to our valued guests, enhancing their understanding and enjoyment of their exciting Celebrity experience.
• Maintains the highest level of guest satisfaction by answering inquiries, offering suggestions, and providing descriptive literature in various languages regarding shore excursions, onboard activities, entertainment, and other available guest accommodations
• Welcomes non-English guests, serves as a translator when needed in any department, translates documents and announcements, and arranges for a variety of invitations, reports, and letters to be prepared in various languages
• Assists guests with translating spoken passages, documents, and other material from one language to another. Provides consecutive or simultaneous translation between languages
• Works closely with the Documentation Officer in regards to Customs and Immigration during the embarkation and debarkation process .
Ability to communicate tactfully with guests, department heads, and crew members to resolve problems and negotiate resolutions
• Verbal and written proficiency in English, Spanish, Italian, German and French (a language proficiency test may be required).
• Working knowledge of computers, internet, and the ability to navigate within a variety software packages
• All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
• Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training
• Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college, university or the international equivalent
• Customer service experience utilizing a variety of languages in the hospitality industry