Department: Cruise Programs; Description: The Stage Automation Technician is responsible for the movement of all automated stage equipment and safety of personnel on stage. In order to consistently exceed guest expectations and provide the highest levels of product and services, additional duties and responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
• Operates the Stage Automation control system in a safe and effective manner.
• Remain vigilant and alert at all times during rehearsals, shows, set up etc to ensure maximum safety for all involved.
• Take the lead on all scenic changeovers and ensures they are completed in a safe and timely manner.
• Carry out inspection of scenic install after change over with Technical Supervisor to ensure that everything is secure and safe.
• Programs Automation movements as determined by either Guest Entertainer or Production show manager.
• Assists Electronics Engineer Junior/ entertainment with preventive maintenance and cleaning on all automation equipment, rigging & scenery with the help of the Technical staff.
• Assist other technicians as and when required.
• Must keep up to date records of all shows and changes.
• Carry out weekly test as needed on safety devices incorporated in the automation system and keep log of these tests as per the maintenance checklist form.
• Inspects all rigging before each performance as stated on the maintenance checklist form.
• Carry out other basic duties and assist around the vessel as needed.
• Performs all duties as required by the all day duty rotation.
• On completion of the contract must provide detailed and accurate handover notes to Technical Supervisor.
• Carry out inspection and make keep logs as per SEMS in regard to safety harness and lanyards.
• Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position and safety duties as assigned by the ships safety officer.
Other position responsibilities are to be announced upon hire.
Education and experience:
• Has a High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Minimum of four years experience in Technical Theatre or two years in a ship environment.
• Two years in Musical theater background an advantage
This job has expired, so you are not able to apply for it