As our Sous Chef, you will be a part of our exciting, high-volume shipboard culinary operations and oversee its multicultural world-class team. You will be responsible for managing the culinary activities of our state of the art kitchens while executing international cuisine in multiple venues. In addition, you will have the opportunity to travel the world while working for a top global employer of choice.
• Oversight and execution of culinary operations to deliver quality cuisine and create a superb dining experience, thereby ensuring guest satisfaction
• Collaborate with the Executive Sous Chef and Executive Chef to forecast and manage menu requirements and inventory for each outlet
• Manage and train large culinary staff to ensure performance standards are met on a consistent basis.
• Completion of associate degree or equivalent and/or Chef apprenticeship program from an accredited culinary or hospitality school
• Five to Six years’ experience cooking and preparing food in a 4 or 5 star hotel, restaurants or high volume convention banqueting service
• Understands the financial aspects of a food operation including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control maintaining quality and standards
• Ability to speak, read and write English clearly and distinctly with guests and employees
• Enforce HACCP procedures for sanitation and cleanliness
• All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
• Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training
• Ability to work with inventory related software (crunch time, etc)
• Ability to speak, read and write multiple languages is a plus
• Cruise ship experience and USPH knowledge
Join our team as Sous Chef. Once you click to apply below, it will take you 10-15 mins to complete our application, which will help us better qualify your candidacy. If you are being considered for this position you will hear back from us within the next 90 days. During this time, you can view your application status on our career site.