- The Second Engineer will be given an area or specific system to be responsible for the daily operation and maintenance in accordance with the AMOS system.
- The Second Engineer will work closely with the First Engineer when scheduling maintenance works on the equipment assigned, if additional manpower is needed.
- If any operational problems with the equipment, the Second Engineer must report and work closely with the vessels Electrical Engineers in order to resolve subject issues.
- The Second Engineer must be watch qualified and able to take over the watch or stand watch as manning may require.
- If any operational problems occur with the equipment, the Second Engineer must report and work closely with the vessel’s Electrical Engineers and 1st Engineer to resolve these issues
- Shall be familiar with the safety management system, including specific responsibilities in the safety organization according to the emergency plan and station bill.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures applicable for subject position.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Minimum of one (1) year prior experience as a Third Engineer is required. Prior experience as a Second Engineer is preferred.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- High School diploma or foreign equivalent is required.
- Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required.
- An Unlimited Second Engineer License is required.
A National License with a Bahamian Endorsement is required.