The Patissier directs and supervises the activities of subordinates engaged in the preparation of pastry products for Guest and crew feeding. Responsible for directing, supervising and assisting in the preparation of all pastry products in the kitchen; is actively involved in daily pastry production while directing, supervising, assisting and training all employees assigned to his pastry shop. Works to build a good working team.
- Culinary degree from an accredited culinary school/college.
- 5+ years experience in a 5 star+ hotel, cruise ship or high profile restaurant.
- 3+ Years experience as a pastry chef in a high volume, premium quality establishment.
- Possess leadership skills and motivational techniques in order to maximize employee productivity and satisfaction in the Pastry department.
- Proven ability to provide orientation and training.
- Develops employees to maximize potential and prepares for future promotional opportunities.
- Ability to prepare and bake a variety of pastries, rolls and/or other baked goods in a high volume premium quality setting.
- Proven track record in planning, organizing and developing large show banquets and events.
- Proven knowledge of the latest culinary/pastry quality standards and trends in North America and Europe.
- Computer skills, to include MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel.
European candidates ONLY