Main duties: To direct the daily operation of vessel’s wine sales operation including the effective administration, supervision execution of programs consistent with the company standards and goals of providing excellent service while generating maximum revenue.
Each shipboard employee may be required to perform all functions in various food and beverage service venues and throughout the ship.
1. In accordance with company’s philosophy, each employee conducts oneself in a professional and courteous manner at all ties. This consists of physical and verbal interactions with guests or fellow shipboard employees and/or in the presence of guest contact and crew areas.
2. Each bar shipboard employee reports to their workstation assignment on time and properly groomed and dressed according to highest standards. This includes a clean uniform, nametag, and any other uniform related item.
3. Interacts and converses with guests to answer questions, provide wine information, promote wine selections and/or up-sell to premium brands. Makes suggestions for alternatives if wine request is not available in current inventory. Leads guests in a variety of entertaining and educational activities to increase their comfort level with wine selection and purchases. Conducts various types of wine tastings, educational wine games and other wine promotional activities.
4. Maintains an awareness of wine trends and makes recommendations to management to introduce wines.
5. Works closely with Cruise Program employees to create a variety of entertaining and educational activities to promote wine interest and sales.
6. Attends meetings, training activities, courses and all other work-related activities as required.
7. Performs related duties as required. This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this
position. Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties
assigned by their supervisor or management.
You can apply for this job if you are:
• At least 21 years of age
• speak good English; ADDITIONAL LANGUAGE NEEDED
• are hospitable and friendly person
• having relevant experience
- Two to three years previous experience, preferably in a wine bar, 4 or 5 star restaurant, lounge etc.
- Extensive knowledge of various wines, sparkling wines and spirits. Ability and willingness to converse and educate guests regarding wines.
- Highly motivated, personable and service oriented individual that is able to communicate comfortably in large and small groups is required.
- Candidates are required to demonstrate their knowledge and skills as it pertains to this position.
- Ability to lead guests in wine related activities such as wine trivia, wine games, and wine tastings for individuals and small groups.
- Ability to work independently to, quickly and accurately.
- Working knowledge of public health standards.
- Working knowledge of cash registers and/or related computerized systems. Ability to perform basic math functions with regard to calculating tips, discounts and percentages.
- Working knowledge of inventory control methods and standards.
- Ability to up-sell and promote wine and drink specials.
- Ability to apply customer service skills, according to Royal Caribbean International’s Gold - - - Anchor Standards, when interacting with guests and co-workers.
- Ability to provide on-the-job training to Bar Servers and Bar Utility personnel.
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with shipboard employees and guests.
- Ability to read and write English in order to understand and interpret written procedures. - -- - This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French or German preferred.