- To ensure smooth and accurate onboard financial operations;
- To manage onboard revenue’s in accordance with prescribed budgetary requirements;
- To manage revenue outlets and concessions through department heads;
- To oversee and facilitate prompt processing of legal documents with port authorities and government agencies;
- Oversee all clearance related communications between the Second Purser and the port agent regarding ship’s clearance.
- To supervise and audit the onboard payroll, revenue and cash systems;
- To assist the General Manager in the daily operation of the hotel, to act as General Manager in his/her absence, and to deputize the role in the daily operation;
- Implement and maintain guidelines and procedures set out by the cruise line
- Several years experience on medium sized ships working as Chief Purser ideally in a similar style company
- Understanding of the highest level of service; ideally worked in the premium or luxury market
- Strong working knowledge of ship and the various depts.
- Experience in front office, revenue operations and crew operations required; ideally additional past experience of crew payroll which was generated onboard (not shore-side).
- Covered an international Itinerary and been the main person responsible for clearance of the ship for guests and crew
- Well organized; a multi-tasker
- Good accounting experience, Cost control and budget control experience;
- Revenue management experience.
- Used to managing and overseeing onboard Concessions
- Excellent communication skills; good written and spoken English
- Strong leadership skills and practice ‘leadership by example;
- Used to dealing with guests and guest enquiries
- Ability to deputize on behalf of General Manager as needed
- Excellent administrative skills; computer literate Word/Excel/Fidelio/MXP and similar
- Outgoing personality, open minded and flexible; able to Host tables and socialize at required level for this position
- Ability to work in an international environment;
- Ability to perform well under pressure;
- Excellent appearance