- The Electronics Officer is responsible for the maintenance and repair of the electrical plant and associated electrical systems as designated by the Chief Electro Technical Officer and Chief Engineer.
Responsibility and Authority
- Commit to the Company’s Core Values – carry out daily activities following the R.I.T.E. way – Respect, Integrity, Trust and Excellence are the foundation of all our actions, every day, in everything we do.
- Assume personal responsibility for safety and the environment. Be accountable for themselves and the safety of others in their vicinity. Environmental consciousness forms one part of this accountability.
- Regular reporting to update Chief Engineer/Chief Electro Technical Officer of any issues with the electrical system under his/her responsibility.
Specific Areas of Responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
* Onboard Fire Detection and Suppression Systems.
* Onboard Bridge Navigational Systems.
* Onboard Safety Systems including lifeboats, winches etc.
* Onboard Communications Equipments including Telephone Exchange, UHF/VHF Radios, Pager System etc.
- Under the instruction of the Chief Electro Technical Officer, assist the onboard System Manager and Broadcast Manager to ensure the correct and ongoing operation of the onboard Computer and Broadcast Systems.
- Under the guidance of the Chief Electrician, be available to assist with the Vessel’s High Voltage Network and Propulsion System.
Chief Electro Technical Officer
Education and Experience
* 2-3 years relevant experience.
* Fluent in English (written and verbal)
* At least 2 year experience on passenger vessels in the Electrical Department.