Operations Assistant - Marine
Responsibilities: Serve as Custodian for Deck Officers’ Licenses and coordinator for License renewal between ship and shore, as directed by the Master or Staff Captain and Custodian of Deck Request For Change (RFC) forms.
Keep a separate folder for external SMS audit reports (SMC), internal SMS Audit report and Audits (external and internal) on other Disney Cruise Line ships.
Record meeting minutes from Steering, Environmental, Safety, and Global Maintenance Committees and other meetings as directed by Master or Staff Captain
Compile port visitor lists once the Staff Captain has given approval.
Maintain the crew STCW Certificate database to ensure the ship is in compliance.
Coordinate SMS and ISM regulations between ship and shore and onboard, as directed by the Master or Staff Captain.
Issue revised controlled ISM documentation to relevant department heads onboard, as required, or directed by the Master, Staff Captain or Chief Engineer.
Maintain and update the vessel’s filing system.
Compile weekly Deck overtime records and send to Finance.
Draft Deck Sea service certificates upon request for the Captain’s approval.
Prepare Safety letters for guests who missed attending the Guest Assembly Drill.
Organize/coordinate social functions with guests as directed by the Master or Staff Captain
Coordinate onboard processing Family Travel Requests.
Order Deck department office supplies, as needed.
Update and maintain Master’s schedule.
Organize and schedule Deck meetings as instructed by the Master or Staff Captain.
Assist shoreside with any operational requests.
Submit van log to appropriate personnel ashore as required.
Organize special request bridge tours after approval by the Master or Staff Captain.
Execute additional job responsibilities, as assigned by the Master or Staff Captain, based on operational need.
Comply with all company set policies and procedures, along with all maritime and ship rules, regulations and procedures.
Participate in Emergency Duties as specified in the ship Assembly Plan.
- Strong facilitation of Human Resources concepts
- Effective at building relationships with Officers as well as crew members
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Computer fluency with Word and Excel
- Team-oriented individual
- Exhibit sound judgment at all times
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Be able to speak, read and write fluent English
- Willingness to live and work onboard one of our vessels for a certain length of time (based on position)
- Be able to work a seven-day, 70-84 hour week with limited time off
- Be able to adhere to cruise line's appearance guidelines
- Agree to share a cabin with other crew members
- Enjoy working in a high-volume, fast-paced, guest-service oriented environment
- Be flexible with your work schedule, job duties and work locations
- Appreciate diversity among guests and crew
- Minimum one year experience working in an office environment involving significant levels of administrative responsibility