1st Hotel Engineer
- Primary responsibility for operation and maintenance of equipment and system in the hotel and accommodation areas of the ship
Responsibility and Authority
- Commit to the Company's Core Values – carry out daily activities following the R.I.T.E. way – Respect, Integrity, Trust and Excellence are the foundation of all our actions, every day, in everything we do.
- Assume personal responsibility for safety and the environment. Be accountable for themselves and the safety of others in their vicinity. Environmental consciousness forms one part of this accountability.
Responsible for the maintenance as follows:
* All fixed firefighting sprinkler equipment
* All systems relating to the vessels safety and watertight integrity.
* All technical matters relating to USPH.
* All Hotel services, including pools, spas and galley/laundry equipment.
* All lifeboats, tenders and rescue boats' mechanical equipment.
* All deck machinery.
- Carry out laundry lint duct cleaning.
- Carry out checks of cooking and food preparation appliances.
- Carry out checks of forklifts and pallet jacks.
- Carry out galley duct cleaning.
- Prepare a handover report prior leaving the vessel.
- All other duties as assigned.
- May assign and delegate some of the above duties to other officers from his team.
Staff Chief Engineer
Education and Experience
- First Engineer qualifications and licenses in compliance with all International and National conventions and regulations.
- Unlimited First Engineer license, endorsed by the Flag State, and all of the certificates as required by the STCW 95.
- 2 years experience on passengers vessels of which at least six months as Hotel Engineer or equivalent.
- Full knowledge and understanding of the Company SMS.
- Thorough knowledge of the vessel he/she is assigned to.
Leadership and managerial skills including but not limited to:
- Decision Making
- Team Building
- Coaching and Counseling
- Conflict Resolution
- Time Management
- Computer Literacy
- Customer Service