Human Resources Manager
- Promotes effective employee relations to achieve a positive environment that is supportive to management and crew.
- Introduces and manages employee recognition programs and special events.
- Functions as the HR Business Partner, consulting with shipboard management in various areas such as performance consulting, conflict management and crew welfare.
- Partners with corporate management in providing information, analysis, support, evaluation and research in relation to business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Human Resources or Business Administration
- 3-5 year work history in employee relations, preferably in hospitality or travel industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural/multifunctional environment.
- Must have broad knowledge of employee relations practices and procedures, performance management, conflict resolution, organizational development and excellent investigation and dispute resolution skills.
- Will function in a matrix-style reporting environment, taking direction on policies and procedures and operate within corporate guidelines to ensure uniform application of policies
- Capability to work effectively with all levels of employees, including top, middle and supervisory levels of management.
- Requires a collaborative work style, with the highest level of integrity, discretion and judgment with ability to use those skills to effectively build relationships with others.
- Must possess a strong commitment to excellent customer service.
- Must have leadership abilities and be self-motivated and self-directed
- Computer literate, with knowledge of MS Office and Lotus Notes.
- Strong English language proficiency for verbal and written communication.