- Responsible and accountable for management, administration and operation of all bar facilities therefore it is important to be completely familiar with all sections of the Bar Operations, Policies and Procedures Manual as well as Fleet Regulations. Also required to review official directions or correspondence in order to facilitate the implementation of presented changes in shipboard bar operations, policies, procedures, assignments or responsibilities as directed by PCSC.
- In conjunction with the Provision Master, manage food orders including food stock control. Familiar with current USPH practices, procedures and guidelines and ensure that they are being followed at all times.
- To monitor bar liquor stocktakes and recounts, including bar food and equipment stocktakes as required. To prepare and maintain all financial, stock and analysis reports, work routines and schedules required for the control of the Bar Department. To constantly monitor the bar revenue and services in an effort to achieve maximum results for the benefit of the company. Co-ordinate rotations and Bar deployment and conduct rounds as scheduled.
- To be familiar with all the duties as performed by the bar staff and responsible for providing training and guidance to all bar personnel to maintain the highest standards of service and ensure all bar staff follow company uniform and grooming policies.
- Deal with any crew issues as necessary.
- Meet with selected members of the Bar Department on regular basis to review and implement quality service proposals and ensure company policies and procedures are being followed as far as service standards go.
- Plan and assign work projects to supervisory personnel ensuring they are carried out.
- Provide on-the-job training and guidance for new hires including instruction and guidance on mixing or preparing various cocktails, operating the Micros system, dealing with customers, etc.
- Observes bar personnel to evaluate their performance checking to ensure that bar personnel render prompt and courteous service to passengers.
- Ensure that the measuring devices provided (jiggers) are used at all times by the Bar Supervisors and Bartenders.
- Monitor Bar routines and ILO records.
- Co-coordinating and allocation of Tip Report.
- To arrange and carry out requests from passengers and travel agents to service cocktail parties, wine seminars or functions, etc. as required. To provide services at the request of company departments such as Hotel Services, Passenger Programs, Marketing, Sales, etc. in relation to groups, parties or functions occurring each cruise. To be constantly aware of published passenger activities and schedule staff accordingly.
- The control and reviewing of all bar related stocks, their requisitioning, orders and issues. To actively review/analyze with the Junior Assistant Food & Beverage Manager on a regular basis the cellar stocks, bar revenue, passenger bar services, wine services and crew bar services. Responsible for receiving, checking and accepting all bar deliveries and supervising loading as required.
- Ensure that the quality of service offered to passengers is of the highest quality standard possible. To maintain a positive attitude at all times while promoting a healthy and congenial working atmosphere for all bar staff. Circulates among bars to ensure availability to deal with irregularities, problems and special situations in which staff members require senior level guidance or assistance. Discusses customer complaints regularly with bar personnel providing guidance as necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of the organization’s safety policies and practices. Keeps work environment and equipment in safe operating order and performs all job duties in compliance with stated safety policies and procedures and job safety analysis
- Perform any and all such duties as assigned by the Staff/First Purser Food & Beverage and/or other senior management.