Boutiques Assistant Manager
The Boutiques Assistant Manager supports the implementation of business strategies to the sales team. Effectively supervises and schedules manpower for optimal results. Implements and upholds cooperate advertising directives and merchandises according to established plans and guidelines. Coordinates stock processing and promotion presentation. Monitors and implements practices to efficiently manage inventory. Adheres to Boutique standard operating procedures, has complete understanding of policies and procedures and is capable of instructing team members. Capacity to assume management responsibilities of a vessel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES General
- Complete knowledge of Boutique standard operating systems, adherence to policy and procedure and capability to instruct and monitor staff.
- Effectively participate in the team effort by contributing ideas, identifying areas for improvement and respecting opinions.
- Perform scheduling requirements, analyzing events to ensure effective man power and optimal sales productivity.
- Maintain a professional demeanor during extended work periods; comprised of both selling and stock work. Demonstrate a positive, motivated and flexible attitude both on and off duty.
- Lead by example and school personnel when relating product knowledge and selling skills to passengers in order to achieve targets.
- Demonstrate and teach the highest level of passenger service.
- Uphold and maintain by example, at all times, all aspects of the C.R.U.I.S.E. Program.
- Uphold administrative decisions, support management hierarchy and perform any and all such duties as may be assigned by the Boutiques Manager and/or other senior management.
- Assist the manager implementing goals and objectives to personnel.
- Coordinate staff work locations and assignments with management approval.
- Assist in the training and development of team members to achieve company objectives.
- Communicate business from voyage to voyage and document pertinent information regarding passenger buying trends, passenger requests and stock requirements. Bring merchandise issues to the attention of the Manager for communication to Buyers.
- Support the Manager to implement business strategies to increase revenue.
- Regulate inventory counts and record keeping ensuring integrity and accuracy.
- Ensure merchandise is received, processed, and housed according to policy and procedure.
- Execute inventory requirements to reduce aged inventory, shrinkage and proper rotation.
- Supervise visual presentation standards and promotion events according to established guidelines and amend as necessary.
- Administer advertising directives and coordinate modifications with corporate headquarters.
- Action floor presentation sign needs and carry out corporate instructions.
- Support the Boutique Manager in all aspects of reporting.
- 3-4 years of retail management background preferably on cruise ships.
- Retail merchandising skills, documentation handling, and passenger service skills
- Proven history of organizational, time-management, leadership and follow-through skills
- A proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales goals Compliance with operating standards and adherence to policy and procedure
- Must have complete command of the English Language
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Effective working skills on Lotus Notes and Microsoft Word and Excel programs
- Professional demeanor that demonstrates honesty and integrity