As Mixologist, you will serve in the R-Bar located in the Centrum area or a venue Identified on a vessel which has not yet or will not have an R-bar, in a high-volume shipboard Beverage Operation alongside its multicultural world-class team. Our multi-million dollar beverage operation is an integral part of our success, and this fast-paced division provides a challenging and rewarding professional environment. In addition, you will have the opportunity to travel the world while working for a top global employer of choice.
• Meet with the Beverage Manager to review current performance of the bar on a daily basis, discuss upcoming changes, review product challenges and staffing requirements, address complaints and resolve problems for both employees and guests
• Develops and creates new beverages for the venue based on current beverage trends. Ensures proper documentation for all ingredients in appropriate recipe files and support training for all team members
• Conducts tasting panels for new beverages with the staff and provide cocktail seminars for the guest. Ensure he / she is up to date on new product development and provides information to the entire beverage team about beverage trends
• Maintains beverage cost and inventories at an acceptable level. Create beverage requisitions as needed and submit for approval to the Beverage Manager. Analyzes operational problems such as wastage, lost, theft or non-movement in products and establishes controls
• Responsible for the presentation of the entire bar area, including but not limited to, bottle display, glassware maintenance, seating area, carpet and wall, etc. Reports any faults to the maintenance department as needed.
• Minimum two years bartending/mixology experience
• Demonstrate a high level of mixology knowledge
• Well versed in cocktail preparation and techniques
• Successfully passes ServSafe training within first 30 days of contract and renews as required
• Ability to speak, read and write English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests