Youth Staff - Teens - Canada and USA Candidates
Youth Staff (Teens) is responsible for providing safe, fun filled and age appropriate activities for teen guest 12 years old through 17 years old onboard. His/her responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the safety and supervision of all teens participating in activities.
- Design, program, and implement new program ideas into existing cruise experience.
- Follow and implement the Policies and Procedures set forth in the Hotel Operations Manual and maintain an up to date knowledge of the manual. Interacts with teens/guests as fits the occasion & keeps them happy. This includes, but is not limited to hosting parties, trivia, games, karaoke, shore excursions and other teen related activities.
- Act in the supervisory role within the program. Individual must organize, start-up, run, and transition all activities for the teen guests, whether within the lounge or at various lounges around the ship.
- Abiding by rules and regulations set forth by company and/or ship’s command and attend all training programs as specified by the company (including all safety drills & training exercises, Environmental Training and Corporate Training Programs).
- To follow all USPH, Environmental & SMS procedures. Ensure all the requirements for HESS are being followed. Inform Youth Director of all incidents which would require their attention. Maintaining high level of patience, energy and enthusiasm while participating with all teens.
- Greet, interact and relay information to all parents/guardians in a professional and patient manner. Ensuring friendly, jovial and positive attitude with teens and parents at all times.
- Must have and present one of the following or a Diploma or Degree very similar to one listed below plus at least 2 years of experience:
- Teaching Degree
- Psychology Degree (must have experience working with teens 12-14)
- Recreation Degree (must have experience working with teens 12-14)
- Child & Youth Worker Diploma
- Educational Assistant Diploma
- OR at Least 2 years Experience with teens 12-14 years old working in the following:
- At Camps as Camp Counselor’s (Summer Camps/ Sports Camps/ Special Needs Camps)
- YMCA or other after school programs
- Leading large groups of children (Sports Coaches)
- Any Professional child care setting
- Reference letters from the Employers are essential
- Additional Requirements:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Be able to obtain a valid passport and United States C1/D Visas (USC and Canadians don’t need a C1/D Visa)
- Submit criminal background check and fingerprints
- Submit CPR and First Aid Certificate
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Marlins Test for all non-English speaking countries (pass of 80%)
- Fun and socially engaging personality
- Must have hospitality skills & be focused on guest services
- Microsoft Literate