We are currently searching for Hotel Directors to join our team! Be an instrumental part of our team when you lead and develop a team of hundreds of international hospitality professionals onboard our incredible ships. This position offers four month onboard contracts, followed by two months of vacation. Potential candidates must have ten or more years of proven senior management experience in a four or five star hotel, resort or cruise line.
Directs the Hotel operation onboard the vessel to ensure company, divisional and ship performance objectives set against the TGS Triangle are met or exceeded by performing the following essential duties and responsibilities personally or through subordinate managers. The Hotel operation consists of Food & Beverage, Housekeeping, Guest Services, Financial Operations, Facilities Management, Entertainment & Guest Activities, Human Resources, Training & Development, Information Technology Operations, Casino Operations, Doctor & Medical Facilities and all onboard revenue managers.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Plans, coordinates and controls the operation of the Hotel organization. Directs the function of all Hotel personnel through the management of department heads.
- Ensures the highest level of guest satisfaction by providing quality guest services and amenities within corporate standard.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal communications including regular department head meetings to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity.
- Implements the business and operating budget plans to ensure an on-going basis optimum total guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability.
- Ensures the security and safety of guests and shipboard employees through established emergency procedures.
- Establishes and maintains a prominent level of visibility and involvement throughout the vessel and in business, social and governmental communities as appropriate.
- Continually encourages teamwork and cooperation between all Hotel shipboard employees and Marine shipboard employees.
- Monitors cash management programs and purchasing practices including inventories and receivables.
- Conducts regular inspections to ensure facilities are kept in optimal condition by full implementation of preventive maintenance programs and judicious planning and management.
- Maintains a high-level of communication with shoreside managers involving various auditing and reporting requirements.
• Minimum of 6 years related experience within cruise lines, resorts or Hotels with proven managerial experience to direct managers and staff; 2-3 years experience as Hotel Director, General Manager, Associate Hotel Director preferred
• Ability to analyze the onboard operation and identify areas for improvement consistent with the vessels goals and objectives
• Knowledge of the principles and processes involved in business and organizational planning, coordination and execution. This includes strategic planning, resource allocation, manpower modeling, leadership techniques and production methods
• Excellent leadership, interpersonal, customer service and organizational skills to communicate confidently and effectively in a considerate, professional and positive manner with all levels of management, business partners and employees
• Must be a passionate and inspirational leader who possesses strong self-initiative and an ability to hold themselves and other accountable in always delivering key results
• Able to manage and monitor financial and operations shipboard funds and submitting observations recommendations to the Director, Hotel Operations
• Acts as the onboard hotel key shipboard contact in crisis situations involving including but not limited to deployment issues, hurricanes, OPP outbreaks, and significant guest satisfaction issues. Participates in planning and executing crisis responses plans as part of the fleet emergency plan
• Bachelor’s degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent preferred
• Ability to speak, read and write English clearly and distinctly with guests and employees
• Knows and enforce HACCP procedures for sanitation and cleanliness in all areas
• All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
• Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training
• Ability to speak, read and write multiple languages is a plus