Guest Services Officer
A major cruise line currently requires Guest Service Officers. The Guest Services Officer will be responsible for 'Delivering the Wow' while demonstrating exemplary problem resolution skills to our guests at all times.
In addition to other requirements, candidates should have minimum one-year experience in a customer contact position within the hospitality industry and should also have at least one-year cash handling experience with good understanding of US currency and exchange rates. Further, candidates should possess strong communication and organizational skills and must have attributes to deliver outstanding hospitality focused customer service and effective decision-making. Preference will be given to candidates who have the ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian or Portuguese.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Always 'Looking the Part' the Guest Services Officer plays a key role in being the first impression for the brand and our guests for guests.
- Greets all guests immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Uses a positive and clear speaking voice, taking the time to understand all requests in detail.
- Responsible for being a determined and focused performer in a team of empowered Guest Services professionals who will strive to deliver focused and extraordinary customer service.
- Provides cash and guest account services at the Guest Services desk such as accepting cash payments, cashing personal or Traveler's checks or exchanging foreign currencies.
- Minimum one-year experience in a customer contact position within the hotel, cruise, or related industry.
- Minimum one-year cash handling experience, and an understanding of US currency and exchange rates required.
- Proven customer service skills to interact appropriately with guests in a considerate, Professional and positive manner by showing concern and listening actively.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment, including telephones, computers and copy machines.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests. Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, German, Italian or Portuguese preferred.
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.