Recruiters: Login Create an account Job seekers: Login Create an account
A major cruise line is now recruiting Youth Staff (Seasonal) ready for an exciting life at sea. Imagine spending your day playing games and your evenings hosting a parade of Pirates ready to take over any ship. Work with children as you never have before and join our team of experts. We are looking for you.
In addition to other requirements, potential candidates should have one year physical fitness and/or recreational sports instruction background with resorts, sports facilities or related recreational facilities.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Participates in embarkation procedures by disseminating information regarding the Adventure Ocean Program, Youth Evacuation Plan, and directing and escorting guests to staterooms.
- Determines the activities to initiate based on the ages and the needs of the children assigned to participate in the scheduled activity. Organizes and leads a variety of established age appropriate activities.
- Maintains discipline within assigned group to ensure safety precautions are followed.
- Bachelor's degree in education, recreation or related field from an accredited university or college or the international equivalent.
- Three to five years experience working with large groups of youths ages 6 months -17 years.
- Experience working in school sponsored youth groups, YMCA, camps or similar positions preferred.
- Infant and child CPR certification and life saving certification from the American Red Cross or similar certifying organization.
- Working knowledge of computers, internet access and the ability to navigate within a variety of software packages such as Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.
This job has expired, so you are not able to apply for it