- Ensures the correct sorting of linens and towels, stain removal and “reject" procedures, washing, drying and folding of laundry.
- Proficient in the use and care of all equipment.
- Responsible for the cleanliness of work areas and machinery.
- Responsible for the storing, cleaning and distribution of all linens, towels, table linens, costumes, guest/crew laundry and dry cleaning, includes washing, spot cleaning, dry cleaning, pressing, folding and properly preparing items for return to operations to guest/crew.
- Sorts soiled linen on the basis of linen type, article type, and soil type.
- Handles stain removal and “reject" procedures by performing pre-and-post treatment of stains.
- Performs proper washing and dry cleaning procedures in accordance to machine instructions and care requirements.
- Separates torn linen while performing folding procedures.
- Provides assistance to stateroom stewards during turn around day by collecting the soiled linens and towels from guest staterooms if necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Laundry Master.
- Must perform to meet standards set by rules and regulations, USPH, SEMS, and NCL Hotel Operations.
Consider the following requirements carefully before attending our Employment Information Sessions and/or applying to this opportunity!
- You must have a minimum of 1 year current/recent/relevant experience to any of the positions listed in our description above.
- You must have a minimum of a high school diploma or GED
EMPLOYMENT CONDITIONS for this job post:
Only Green card holders or US Citizens can be considered for these positions.