A leading cruise line currently requires Stage Staff. This position assembles and disassembles stage equipment and props for all shows and activities in the Cruise Director's Division.
In addition to other requirements, potential candidates must have minimum one to two years experience in the assembly and disassembly of stage equipment and props.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Reads stage layout specifications and blueprints and confers with Stage and Production Manager to determine type and location of sets, props, scenery, lighting, and sound equipment required for specific event.
- Gathers and transports props and equipment to designated areas throughout the vessel and ports of call. Assembles props and equipment for a variety of Cruise Director's Division activities.
- Positions lighting fixtures on and around stage area.
- Maintains inventory of various prize lockers, office supplies and consumable items utilized in the backstage areas.
One to two years experience in the assembly and disassembly of stage equipment and props.
Should have familiarity of stage productions.
Ability to perform minor theatrical repair work such as carpentry and painting.
Background in electrical, technical, light and sound preferred.
Completion of Bachelors or Associates in Technical Theater, Sound, Lights, A/V preferred.
- Must have completed high school or basic education equivalency.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.