This exciting position leads the Restaurant department and is responsible for the overal supervision of the Restaurant experience ensuring total Passenger satisfaction regarding food quality and service in accordance with company policies.
As our Restaurant Manager, you will be a part of our exciting, passionate and fast pace high-volume shipboard restaurant operation team. The Restaurant Manager is responsible for the entire restaurants and buffet operation of the ship, guest’s service ratings and administration.
In addition to other requirements, potential candidates should have minimum of five years hospitality management experience (shipboard experience preferred), or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Individual will be responsible and held accountable for all areas of the Restaurant and other specific duties assigned by the Food & Beverage Manager.
• Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates (with the support of the assistant Restaurant Manager) the performance of all direct reports.
• Visits every table on a daily basis, ensuring passengers are totally satisfied with the food and service.
• Ensures that the Restaurant personnel follow company policies at all times regarding uniforms, personal appearance and hygiene.
• Minimum of five years hospitality management experience (shipboard experience preferred), or an equivalent combination of experience and education.
• Bachelor's degree in hospitality management, business administration or related field or the international equivalent preferred.
• Very strong communication, problem solving, decision making, interpersonal and overall management skills in a multicultural and dynamic environment.
• Possess a good understanding of basic accounting principles such as numbering flow, "Debits/Credits", adjusting entries and corrections.
• Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety desktop publishing software packages.
• Ability to speak Spanish and English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests. Ability to speak additional languages such as Spanish, French, Portuguese or Italian preferred.
• All international applicants must have the ability to obtain Visas.
• Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.
• All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable.
• Ability to obtain seaman book and STCW certificates prior to joining.
•Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.
• Ability to speak read and write in Portuguese or French language in an Intermediate or Advanced level.
• Cruise ship experience and USPH knowledge.