The position assists the Executive Chef in the supervision of the galley's operation on a day-to-day basis according to the company policies.
In addition to other requirements, potential candidates should have successful experience as a Chef de Partie / Sous Chef in a resort, hotel or cruise ship.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Directs, coaches, supports, supervises and evaluates (in conjunction with the Executive Chef/Chef) the performance of all direct reports.
• Each Sous Chef will be assigned schedule an area of the galleys by the Executive Chef/Chef and will be held accountable for the expected results.
• Works very closely with the F&B Manager in order to accomplish tasks related to equipment control and maintenance, as well as sanitation rules.
• Works with the Chef to establish work schedules for all Cooks.
• Minimum six years experience cooking and preparing food in a 4 or 5 star hotel, restaurant or high volume food service facility. Written references from former employers are required.
• Extensive knowledge of food handling procedures with regard to HAACP and public health standards.
• Demonstrated aptitude for the financial aspects of a food operation, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost control. Demonstrated aptitude for the management of headcount within assigned area, as it relates to and supports the business needs of the vessel.
• Working knowledge of computers, internet access, and the ability to navigate within a variety software packages such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
• All international applicants must have the ability to obtain visas when applicable.
• Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.