Traveling Stage and Production Rigging Manager
We are currently searching for a Traveling Stage and Production Rigging Manager to join our team. The emphasis of this position is to ensure that the Rigging Specialists, Stage & Production Managers, A/V managers and electricians are conducting all work, repairs, maintenance and inspections on the stage rigging systems and equipment in accordance with policies, with an emphasis on safety. Potential candidates must be ETCP Certified, and have at least four years of related theater or entertainment experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Ensure that the Rigging Specialists, Stage & Production Managers, A/V managers and electricians are conducting all work, repairs, maintenance and inspections on the stage rigging systems and equipment in accordance with SQM policy, with an emphasis on safe operating procedures.
· Ensure that each of the ships in the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity brands is submitting required rigging reports on a regular and timely basis and as outlined by company policy.
· Schedule third party rigging vendors to go onboard each ship as required to offer training, support or to conduct inspections. Liaise with travel coordinator to ensure all flights, travel, boarding requests and cabins are arranged as necessary. This includes annual rigging system inspections, flame retardancy inspections and treatment, and inspections of all lifting devices such as those manufactured by Genie Industries and Leguan.
· Ensure that rigging training records are up to date, and that training sessions are scheduled and conducted as required.
· Assist shoreside team with incident/accident and injury investigation, resolution of incident reports and audit findings,
· Ensure that policies regarding stage rigging equipment and their operation are as accurate and up to date as possible, and suggests rigging related policies that may need to be created or updated as necessary to ensure the safety of our crew, staff and guests.
· Following each visit by this traveling position, a final report will be completed and sent to the shoreside support team, detailing the work that was carried out while onboard, any follow up which may be needed, as well as observations of the ship and the entertainment technical staff.
· Shipboard employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
· Minimum of 4 years of experience relating to rigging in the theater or entertainment industry.
· Must have taken and passed the required examination to become an ETCP Certified Rigger - Theater.
· Must be able to read and interpret operations manuals and understand the basics of interpreting technical drawings and schematics.
· Candidates for this position should be computer literate, and be able to operate programs such as Windows XP, Lotus notes and Microsoft Word and Excel, as they'll be using these on a regular basis.
· Must be able to speak, understand, read, and write English clearly and distinctly.
· All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills.
· Must be willing to travel extensively from ship to ship for four to six months, followed by two months of paid vacation.
This job has expired, so you are not able to apply for it