Head Sound and Light Technician
We are currently searching for Head Sound and Light Technician to join our team! This position has a six month onboard contract. Successful candidates will be considered for regular Light Technician assignments based on their successful performance.
This position is responsible for the programming, operation and maintenance of the lighting, show control and fog/haze systems in certain entertainment venues aboard the ship for a variety of events and activities.
In addition to other requirements, potential candidates should have a minimum of 2 years' experience with hands-on programming and operation of live performance lighting, as well as doing regular maintenance and upkeep on conventional and intelligent lighting fixtures.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Responsible for programming, operating and maintaining all aspects of the show lighting, show control and haze/low fog systems in various entertainment venues for rehearsals, shows, special events and other activities.
- Meet with guest entertainers and certain groups to find out what their lighting-related requirements may be for upcoming rehearsals, shows or activities.
- Assist with and oversee the set up, positioning and strike of effects lighting and related equipment for certain events or activities in different venues aboard the ship.
- Responsible to see that all lighting, show control, haze/fog and related equipment is properly maintained and kept in good working order.
- Should have a minimum of 2 years' experience with hands-on programming and operation of live performance lighting, as well as doing regular maintenance and upkeep on conventional and intelligent lighting fixtures.
- Should be proficient in the operation of lighting control consoles and programs such as those from ETC, Wholehog II, III and Wholehog PC from Flying Pig Systems, and Martin Lightjockey
- Working knowledge of, and have the ability to do basic troubleshooting and maintenance on several types of conventional and intelligent lighting fixtures, DMX controlled scrollers, ETC Sensor dimming systems, follow spotlights and haze and low fog systems, as well as the lighting control consoles and programs.
- Education from a technical school preferred.
- Must have completed high school or basic education equivalency.
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially with guests.
- All international applicants must have the ability to obtain C1/D1 visa (and other relevant visas) when applicable
- Must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to participate in emergency life-saving drills and required training.