We are looking for a Head Pastryman who will work onboard our ships. The contract duration will be 5 months for the first embarkation; if interested and with positive performance the candidate will join Company shifts and will have other opportunity to work and grow with the company.
The Head Pastryman is responsible for Pastry operations. Pastry and Bakery Production Control Pastry and Bakery Presentation. Pastry and Bakery preparation. Taste all items produced in the Pastry Departments. Review of Pastry/Bakery food items in inventory, control weekly consumption of production to ensure food cost is achieved. Review all food items to be ordered for the Pastry and Bakery Department with the Executive Chef and Provision Master. Approve all food requisitions for pastry and Bakery Departments. Is responsible for completing evaluations for the crew members that work in the Pastry and Bakery Departments. Is responsible for scheduling of all crew members working in the Pastry and Bakery Departments.
· Technical high school or University degree in technical studies;
· 2+ years supervisory experience on cruise ship or high volume hotel/restaurant
· 3+ years pastry experience;
· Strong knowledge of all pastry techniques, equipment, tools, and supplies;
· Ability to manage a team and to work in multi-cultural environment;
· Excellent English.
· Availability for contracts of 5 months duration.