To be accountable for both operational duties and qualitative controls concerning the total Food Production on board a ship; he/she is responsible for the correct implementation of company procedures while ensuring that our international clientele is experiencing culinary delights in all of our Food outlets. Leading a multi ethnical team, he/she is in charge of training and actively taking part in the technical development of the Kitchen brigade.
The main duities are:
- preparing the weekly schedule for the Galley Staff, designating special duties,
cleaning duties and time off.
- being accountable for achieving the Company budgets regarding food cost and inventory
levels; must investigate any deviation immediately.
- ensuring that food quality and portion controls are always in line with the Companies
- keeping the F&B Director informed on any manning needs and updates the crew
- evaluating all his/her staff upon sign off and in the evaluation periods requested by the Company; assesses employees that are showing potential for further advancement
and develop their managerial level of responsibilities.
- visiting daily all food preparation areas and does food tasting to ensure quality and standards are up to company standards.
- meeting daily with the Sous Chef and 1 st Cook to forecast food production and
discuss the daily schedule.
- communicating any shortages or last minute changes to the galley staff.
- ensuring that food preparation is done according to the company recipes and USPH Internal Health
- setting up and maintains a training program for all Galley Staff with emphasis on their specific job and USPH rules and regulations.
- making a daily tour of the provision area ensuring that correct storing procedures are met and that there is no sign of spoilage.
- preparing at the end of each cruise in conjunction with the Provision Master and the F&B Director the food order for the next loading.
- spot checking all food outlets.
- maintaining menus and food quality up to Company standards and expectations.
- controlling food waste on a daily basis.
- making sure PH standards are followed.
-Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
-Must have finished a professional Hotel School with Certificate or at least 10 years experience in a large multi-outlet operations or Cruise ship Environment.
-At least 1 year in a large Hotel or Cruise ship Environment as Executive Chef plus 5 years on a Cruise Ship performing managerial positions
-Solid progression through all the Culinary Ranks including Catering and Banqueting sections
-Solid knowledge of current food trends
-Should have worked in multicultural operations.
- Creative , hands on attitude, leadership skills
- Ability to manage change effectively
- Ability to work under pressure and to handle stress
- Computer Skills, MS Word , e-mail and Excel
- Preferable Italian nationality
- English Knowledge (B1 level)
Education: High School or equivalent
Career Level: Manager